- Students and their projects must be registered with the local Fair organizing committee. Some personal information is required, including: a brief description of the project, the student's full name, address, telephone number, school and grade, address of school, name of contact teacher, and name of parent/guardian.
- Because of space limitations in certain areas, the Fair organizers reserve the right to register participants on a first come/first served basis.
- Projects should be ready for display. Those selected for the National Fair may not exceed: eighty (80) centimetres in depth, one hundred & fifty (150) centimetres in width, and one hundred (100) centimetres in height.
- All presentations must avoid profanity, racial or sexist remarks, innuendo, negative stereotypes, or any other potentially offensive matter.
- Any person or organization clearly identifiable in a presentation must have given permission to the presenter.
- Students must be present to interpret their displays at scheduled times during the day(s) of the Fair.